Hyaluronic Acid, which naturally occurs in the human body, is one of the most power-packed ingredients you can add to your skincare regimen. Able to hold 1000X its weight in moisture, this little beef-cake of a molecule is known in the science community as a humectant - it attracts and holds onto water. So what does this mean for your skin? It means that adding a product like our Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum or Hyaluronic Acid + Witch Hazel Toner Mist to your skincare regimen will help your skin look plumper and feel more hydrated - which in turn means fine lines and wrinkles will be less visible. But that’s not the only benefit! Here are a few more reasons your skin need Hyaluronic Acid:
- It slows down the aging process! Hydrated skin ages slower. Think of it like this; if there isn’t an opportunity for your skin to form a wrinkle, one won’t occur - or if it does, it will occur slower. Because of its amazing ability to bind moisture to the skin and subsequently plump out areas where fine lines and wrinkles can occur, Hyaluronic Acid is a great ingredient to work into your anti-aging regimen, as both a preventative and restorative.
- Your body slowly stops making it. Our body’s ability to make Hyaluronic acid gradually decreases as we age - meaning our skin slowly loses its ability to maintain moisture, recover quickly from damage, and stay balanced - so replacing our HA is important!
- It’s a redness reducer. So Hyaluronic Acid is the perfect ingredient for anyone who’s looking to even out their skin tone.
- Just one product makes a difference! Because it’s so powerful, adding just one Hyaluronic Acid product to your regimen can provide noticeable results. Adding more than one product, like with our Complete Hydration Bundle is a sure-fire way to deliver quick, noticeable results that last!
- It has healing properties. Hyaluronic Acid has been known to help regulate inflammation levels in the body and even signal the body to build more blood vessels in areas where skin has been damaged.
- Balance is it’s thing! Hyaluronic Acid does a great job at helping to balance skin - especially for those who tend to be a bit more oily. When it’s dehydrated, your skin tends to push oil to the surface to compensate. Properly hydrated skin ultimately tends to be less oily.
- It’s an acne-fighter! Hyaluronic Acid has natural antibacterial properties making it a wonderful product for those who are concerned about breakouts.
Pro Tip: Because it needs moisture to work, Hyaluronic Acid, like that found in our fan-favorite Hydrate Hyaluronic Facial Serum, is best applied on damp skin and immediately followed by your daily moisturizer.